Full Circle
Was doing my Lunar New Year shopping yesterday. It was quite crowded at the supermarket, even though I'm way out of the town area, where the crowds really are. Still, shopping at your neighbourhood shopping centre, you still see lots and lots of people who'd rather shop there and avoid the large crowds elsewhere. Anyway, what easier to cart home your groceries than to carry them home on foot?
Met my Primary (Grade) 1 form teacher at the supermarket. It was quite a surprise for me, since I do shop at the supermarket quite a lot and so does she, but it's the first time I met her. We caught up with life and the education system. She asked me where I was and it was, like you would say, a "since-we-are-here-we'll-find-out-all-we-can" kind of chat session, grocery carts by our sides.
Even more interestingly, I saw my Secondary 4 (Grade 10) pupils who had graduated last year, working at the supermarket too. I even caught up with a couple of them, chatting and asking each other how the other was doing. You know, the indescribable feeling of meeting a teacher and meeting your own students.
Just as I was about to leave, my ex-Sec 4 pupil who had graduated 2 years ago, and her sister, who is graduating this year, called me. We had another chat outside the supermarket.
This is like life. Being educated, then being an educator. It comes a full cirle.
No comments:
Post a Comment