Tea Jelly
Bought the jelly powder on my way home. Impulse buy. Was actually buying butter for making bread as I've run out of butter.
Came home with ever intention of making jelly using my special brew of Chinese tea.
And mum had to just throw away the tea leaves. She probably felt they were too long on the shelves and decided to get rid of them between the last time I saw them and the last time I thought I saw them (and therefore assumed they were still around).
Scoured the house. Found a packet of leaves. Tasted like Japanese green tea. Would've been great but what if they turned out to be seaweed instead?
Heck. Just use the remainder English tea leaves from god knows where. Took 40 grams of tea, infused them in hot water, add the konjac jelly powder, bring to a boil, VOILA. Tea jelly.
English Garden Tea Flavour. Slight tart smelling, sweet, soft wobbly jelly. Feels like my tummy.
Chilling them now in the fridge. I'm going to make 2 people very happy tomorrow when they get my jelly.
No comments:
Post a Comment