Sunday, September 17, 2006

Broken Ware

Broken Ware

Went to Mustafa's. As I walked around, I notice a large number of pieces of broken ware. It isn't a very pretty sight. It must be quite some losses each month.

Wonder why Mustafa's does not consider widening its aisle? What about employing its employees in a better manner? What about having retainers to prevent things from falling off so easily? Or not having fragile items on high shelves or too many items on any shelf?

A store that wants to be profitable must reduce unnecessary wastage. Some of the damaged items are not cheap.

I recall opening a bag of bathroom rugs ($19.90) and immediately a "security" guy rushed up to me. I checked the rugs and replaced them before he made any noise. But comparing the $19.90 rugs and the many pieces of chipped and broken crockery, pots, pans that cost much more than that, why are people deployed here?

No comments: