"Spiderman, Spiderman..."
Was at the doctor's yesterday. My pillow ran away the night before and left me with a terribly sore neck. Couldn't turn my neck, couldn't raise my arm.
So back to the doctor's.
I got my number and was told to expect a two-and-a-half hour wait. So waiting is such a chore, yet it can be therapeutic.
It's a chore because impatient people like me don't really like to wait.
Therapeutic because it never fails to console me that there are people who are in a worse shape than me.
And then there was this imp of a boy. Irritated the sh*t out of his mother. From the instance they both stepped in, the entire clinic was filled with the boy's singing, complaints, whining and the mum's questioning, threatening and complaints.
The boy kept going "Spiderman, Spiderman, I can see your underwear..." and the mum kept asking "Who taught you this? Tell me, who taught you this?"
There was even a time when she asked "Did you teacher teach you this?"
My eyes nearly popped out as my innate defences towards the teaching profession were awakened. Surprising, even though I've not taught for more than 2 years. Duh!? You think the kindergarten teacher would do something that dumb?
Imp asked to visit the toilet after that. And as I was seated outside the dental section of the clinic, which happens to be near the toilet, I could hear the exchange in the loo.
"Make sure you hold your pants high. Wait you get it wet. (Whine) Stand properly! If you drop into the hole, I'll walk out of the room. I'm not telling you (whine), I'm WARNING you. Aim properly. (Whine) Ok. Done? Dry it, dry it."
By then I went, duh... as though there is a piston inside the dick that will expunge every single drop of pee. There is bound to be a little leftover, which will eventually leak out (there is really extremely little in reality) and get deposited in the underwear. What's the big deal? Duh!
And hand washing time. "Hold my bag. Hold my bag. (Laughter) Hold properly. If everything drop out, you'll get it from me..."
Aiyoh, my neck is so painful and this is giving me a headache.
Resume Spiderman song.
Then the mum started a new front of attack.
"Are you sure you're sick or not? If you bluff me like the last time, I'll spank you."
"Really got pain."
Wah! Amazing leh! That imp has a sore throat and is still able to make noise NON-STOP. I wonder why choir kids always tell me they cannot sing because they got CCA-day sore throats. (Actually, I knew all along that the "sore throat kids" would not sing because they could not hold a tune to save their lives. But I won't bust their covers.)
And so, after a good two-hour of entertainment, imp's turn came. Nearly. When the patient before went to see the doc, imp needed to go to the toilet again. This time, he did big business.
Despite the mum telling the receptionists to hold the doctor for her son.
Alas, the next patient went into the consultation room before the winds movement ended in the loo.
But fortunately, he came out and went in as the next patient.
Peace was restored.
No comments:
Post a Comment