Some things I like
I am totally addicted to Crickler. I wait with bated breath for the next puzzle to be published. I read the news religiously in hope that it would help me crack the puzzle and lower my handicap score. And I have been learning new words.
I am deeply in love with the fusion/experimental/rearranged music of the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. They are good.
I love watching cable TV programmes. I catch, in no particular order, Desperate Housewives, House, Grey's Anatomy, Third Watch (on and off), Doc Martin, Strong Medicine, ER (showing now), Scrubs, and almost anything good between 7 pm to 10 pm each day.
I like country music and classical pop. Soft rock (ballads) and sentimentals too. Anything with good lyrics will get my attention first. Tunes do not matter that much. But if both lyrics and tune are good, they enter my favourites list.
I love a good cup of Chinese tea.
I would love to have stretches where I have nothing to do except to curl up and read a book. I want to lose myself in a world offered to me by another person, a world where decisions need not be made myself. I just want to feel the flow and ebb of emotions through the characters in the story. I can do without the guilty feeling from a bad decision sometimes.
I like my work. It sustains me and pays me. And it is an avenue where I grow professionally.
I like a good puzzle that challenges me sufficiently, makes me think but allows me to succeed in the end.
I like singing along to songs I know. In a way, the song is a conduit to my days past, allowing me to reminisce and relive those days.
I love a hot cup of strong coffee in the morning. There is nothing better to wake me up.
I love the way I can ad-lib in a blog and not worry about structure or subtance. I can be myself and not live up to what others expect of me. The true state of my mind is in a state of agitated, accelerated Brownian motion. Thoughts are flying around and then they slow down, vibrate in their places a little and then the pattern changes again.
I love change and I love to hate change.
I like chatting with friends who share my belief system and values. I like to have my biases measured against similar thinkers to see how far off I am from rationality.
I like analysing things I see or experience or feel. I want to know that my hunch is correct.
I like projects that start suddenly and ends as quickly. Long drawn processes bore me.
I like changing my mind. So don't be surprised if this list changes right after I publish it.
No comments:
Post a Comment