Monday, February 19, 2007

Ring My Bell

Ring My Bell

This is a 1979 one-hit wonder by Anita Ward. And I think it did go to number 1.

I have been hearing a little too much of it recently and what I couldn't get out of my system are:

1. The siren-like teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwww (many many times) at the beginning of the song

2. Minnie Mouse-like voice (Debbie Gibson also sounds like this)

3. "You could ring my bell... ring my bell" makes me think of a cow with those bells hanging at their necks. Or else, where else can anyone have bells hanging on their bodies unless there is some bodily modification?

Still, enjoy what the 1970s represent! (And how do I begin telling you how the Ah Bengs and the Ah Lians will be singing "Leng Mai Bell" to the tune while prancing away. Ewww....)

Ring My Bell

I'm glad you're home
And I think you really miss me
I guess you did by the look in your eyes (look in your eyes, look in your eyes)
Well lay back and relax while I put away the dishes (put away the dishes)
Then you and me can rock-a-bye

You can ring my be-e-ell, ring my bell
You can ring my be-e-ell, ring my bell
You can ring my be-e-ell, ring my bell
You can ring my be-e-ell, ring my bell

The night is young and full of possibilities
Well come on and let yourself be free
My love for you, so long than I've been savin'
Tonight was made for me and you

You can ring my be-e-ell, ring my bell
You can ring my be-e-ell, ring my bell
You can ring my be-e-ell, ring my bell
You can ring my be-e-ell, ring my bell

you can ring my bell, you can ring my bell
(ding, dong, ding, do-ong)
you can ring my bell, you can ring my bell
(ding, dong, ding, do-ong, ring it!)
you can ring my bell, anytime, anyway
(ring it, ring it, ring it, ring it oww!)
you can ring my bell, anytime, anyway
(ding, dong, ding, do-ong)

you can ring my bell, you can ring my bell
(ding, dong, ding, do-ong)
you can ring my bell, you can ring my bell
(ding, dong, ding, do-ong, ring it!)
you can ring my bell, anytime, anyway
(ring it, ring it, ring it, ring it oww!)
you can ring my bell, anytime, anyway
(ding, dong, ding, do-ong)

No comments: