I wonder why getting a flu these days causes me so much grief. It seems like the symptoms are never severe enough to cause excruciating pain or terribly discomfort but instead they are long lasting and debilitating. I lost my voice entirely yesterday. But the throat was not in much pain.
I had a mild throbbing headache yesterday. Uncomfortable, yes; painful, not really. My chest is congested yesterday. Uncomfortable, yes; painful, no. The cough came and still comes periodically. It aggravates the headache, the throat and the chest. But I'm nowhere close to seeking anodynes.
I'm off work today for the second day in a row. I'm still woozy and this morning, I coughed out a green tablet from my throat. It was round, dry, rough and green and I would have called it an instant chlorophyll tablet if I were a plant. But it was phelgm.
Looks like it's some time to recovery and I hope to get well soon. I've got to go to work tomorrow because there is some preparation to be done before the summer term teaching begins in next Tuesday. And the secondary school kiddies need to see their math teacher before they take their papers. How they love and hate me. I think in the end, they'll be simply thankful I'm their math teacher. And that is enough for me. The two groups of math kids are an entire blog in themselves.
I am just going to get some work done from home and watch this flu get better.
No comments:
Post a Comment