... I taught 7 hours and was in a meeting for an hour over a 9 hour stretch during my lunar birthday. That absolutely sucked the life out of me.
... Did three writing lectures last week. The students had to submit a 5 page paper three weeks later but most have not even read the assignment question, which apparently had been distributed to the class some 5 weeks ago. I spoke to the wall and I spoke Greek.
... Chinese New Year was very boring. I haven't eaten anything more than 3 pineapple tarts as of today and I don't intend to eat very many more. I wish I were less tired but I think I caught one of those symptomless flus. I'm just awfully tired.
... I had a spate of reasonable luck playing mahjong this year. I didn't play with real money but I don't really care. I just needed something to kill the time.
... I ordered a 3 kg "huat kuey" for Chinese New Year for collection on Friday. It was supposed to be placed on my dining table for the CNY period - huay kuey symbolises prosperity and we typically let it turn mouldy before discarding it - but on Saturday, the even of CNY, when I unwrapped the packaging of the huat kuey, it has already turned mouldy. Well, I'll just have an uber prosperous new year.
No comments:
Post a Comment