Potpourri
Bleak bleak news recently.
Witch-hunting is in season, well ahead of Halloween!
"Jakarta vows to hunt down embassy bombers" while there were "6 Chechens among Russian school raiders". These witches must be rich pickings, for "$10m bounty up for Chechen leaders after school siege" surged to no less than Russia offers "$17m bounty for top rebels" just overnight!
The biggest race to be the second worst guy in the whole wide world seems to be generating a lot of heat and finger-pointing. I'm keeping mum who's I'm gunning for to Dad the world's hyper-power. Anyway, it's still extremely scary to know that the "US (is) campaigning a case of 'the other guy's worse'". In the long run, I just hope that the US doesn't sneeze too often because we catch a cold when it does!
The bleakness has come to a point that people can even make uninspiring stuff news: (Taiwan President) Chen grabs headlines with uneventful trip abroad.
And as life was so bad that living seems generally pointless, people have resorted to using biological weapons such as poultry infected with the deadly H5N1 strain of bird flu. Fortunately, our kind neighbour, Malaysia, has tasked "KL to crack down on fowl smugglers". Hopefully, we won't be too badly affected.
Talking about this, the egg shortage situation has become quite acute. I have given up a source of comfort food, FRESH CREAM CAKES, because the egg substitutes simply won't work. But on a lighter note, my pants are getting a little less tight.
There is another twist in the evolutionary cycle. Apparently, "extinction figures may be dead wrong" because "when a species vanishes, others may die too, and experts say this effect has been under-estimated". Unfortunately, that does not seem to work for terrorists and dumb people.
However, to balance out the fear that Earth may be underpopulated by various living species, it was found that for the case "of lice and men: Dispute finally over", there are indeed 'two genetically distinct populations' of lice. I wonder how Noah told one apart from the other.
Anyway, lest this get any bleaker, here's something to rejoice! "Time really does fly when you're having fun". "Scientists say this is because when our minds are engaged, our estimation of the passage of time is shorter than it really is".
I had fun writing this. What about you?
No comments:
Post a Comment