Tuesday, April 19, 2005

A Challenge

A Challenge?

I knew this was coming some way or another. It was unintentional that I had juxtaposed my casino piece and personality disorder test side by side. It's really Blogger's fault, because they list by days. This means that all the posts within one day will be placed within the same bounds.

Now, here is the interesting nugget: A highly enlightened soul, no less, from USA asked:

"All right, you talked me into it.

How much do you want to bet that this is a common profile for bloogers.

I mean bloggers."

I've got a challenge.

Well, fortunately for me, I'm no oppressive compulsive gambler who has to take on every challenge thrown in my face. I'm no indiscriminate gambler who frizzles away every single cent I have. I'm controlled and cultured and I know the social ills of gambling. I am a gentleman and gentlemen challenge each other to duels, not lowly gambles.

Betting is not good. The odds are always in the house's favour. More often than not, the social bettor loses his or her bet. So, it's better to earn your keep through sheer hard work than gambling.

We all know how bad gambling is. So no matter how tempting the proposition is, the best thing to do is to stay away. Not engaging in an activity like betting is not cowardly - it's akin to saying no to unprotected sex, saying no to smoking, saying no to drugs. It's the RIGHT thing to do.

Of course, I'll do just the right thing. Exactly the right thing. Nothing less than the right thing.

I'll bet my bottom dollar most bloggers have profiles similar to that one shown below.

No comments: