Thursday, August 25, 2005

Shotun Festivities

Shotun Festivities
AKA How to climb two hills in a day and not die

Well, what I did was simple - I didn't climb the first hill. I got to where I could see and I stopped climbing. I'm not a "climber" by nature - I don't mind proper roads and steps or even paved slopes but experience has taught me that people with disproportionate body shapes should avoid tackling natural slopes. Can you imagine how funny it'll be to slip off and roll downhill, leaving a cloud of dust behind you?

Ok, jokes aside. To survive Tibet, it is quite easy. Just keep climbing. It's that simple. Just keep climbing and take gradual steps. Don't ever stop or do the stop-and-go.

Once you try to tackle the slope by bits, your get up and go will get up and go.

Believe me. That's how I survived.

No comments: