Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Going Bananas

Going Bananas

One drawback of staying alone is that you can't buy "mass fruits" or "whole fruits" like bananas, watermelons, papayas. Unless you manage to find the really mini-sized ones.

But the very small fruits are normally not nice - how else do you think they fail to grow big? So, once a while, I buy one of those big, mass fruits and immediately regret.

The first time, I got myself a pineapple. That was not that bad, since I love pineapples. I polished it off in two sittings.

Simultaneously, I got myself 2 starfruits, which my housemate (who happened to be around) and I ate during the first round of pineapple eating. He doesn't like pineapples, so I ate it by myself.

The second time, which is a long time after, I got myself a dollar's worth of papaya. There are 4 pieces, which works out to about 2/3 of an entire papaya. And I ate it over two evenings.

And on Sunday, I was craving for some bananas and I bought an entire bunch. I ate 5 for the first night, 4 for the next two nights, and I still have about 15, I think. I'm turning into an ape soon.

I wonder when is my next folly.

No comments: