The Quarrel
Saw a big quarrel between a couple at a coffee shop.
Woman was hysterical.
Man was flustered.
Woman was persistent.
Man was less so.
Woman was loud, shrill and rapid-fire.
Man was loud, deep but muffled.
Woman was accusatory, demeaning and fiery.
Man was placative, acknowledging and seemingly subdued (he controlled his emotions well).
Woman claimed that she was not respected at the funeral wake.
Man denied.
I waited to hear more. (They were not clear enough in their speeches because I was seated quite far away. Damn!)
Woman claimed that she was treated as a baby-bearing machine.
Man denied.
I can't wait to hear more! More! MORE!
Woman carried on her battle cries.
Man tried to calm her.
They held hands.
Shit! It's too early to end!
Then woman screamed her head off and their broke their hand holding.
She then went on ad lib, SFz, ffff, allegro vivace duppio movimento, adagio grandioso, etc.
And then Woman wanted something back from the wake.
Man asked if she wanted it back.
She repeated her command.
Man said he'll get it. Walked off.
She sat down, stoned at a coffee shop table.
I'm sad it ended so quickly - 20 minutes.
No comments:
Post a Comment