While many attribute the quote to William Shakespeare, it actually comes from a play called the "The Mourning Bride" (1697) by William Congreve. The complete quote is "Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned / Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned."
Why is this important?
Because hell hath no fury like a Republican trumped.
Don't get at me. I'm sad with the rising blue tide. Fortunately, it's for 4 years and no one knows what will happen between now and then.
Given the rotten situation he is in, there is no way but up. Of course, we cannot preclude the possibility that he wants to dig further downwards.
What I know of the grievances of the grassroots, I read them off the blogs and other internet sources that I visit. People either like him or loathe him. This is only to be expected.
The important thing now is to deepen this crisis so that it can begin healing. There is no point in trying to prescribe antibiotics when amputation is necessary. I hope people have the guts to do what is right.
I can just imagine if Bush stepped down last year when the economy was still booming. I'm sure people would have painted a different picture of him.
2 comments:
My own opinion of GWB is mixed; having admired him for standing up for his beliefs in spite of the fury tossed his way by the left and the media ( but I repeat myself ). I stand with him on the fact that war was declared on our country and we have an obligation to finish what was started regardless of how long it takes or where it takes us.
The other side of the coin is not filled with admiration. I do not like his getting cozy with Mexico and his stance on illegal immigration rubs me raw. He has shown no self control and expanded the federal government along with spending like a drunken sailor; my apologies if I've offended any drunken sailors.
So, in effect GWB has made his own bed. He never lied about WMD as many continue to claim. In fact recently I read where the last of a huge store of weapons grade yellow cake was finally transferred out of Iraq and taken to Canada under heavy security; something which the media has intentionally overlooked because they would have to admit they were not only mistaken but blindly intent on destroying GWB's credibility to the whole world.
"In fact recently I read where the last of a huge store of weapons grade yellow cake was finally transferred out of Iraq..."
A link for that would be most handy TF.
Post a Comment