Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The strings once cut...

My fellow company of bitches and I met for lunch on Friday last and over our lip smacking Peranakan fare, we looked at how things have developed for many of us.

To think we were all colleagues once, only one of the four of us are still in the job whereas the rest have quit to become free agents.

I was just saying that at the grand old age of 666 divided by 2 minus 300, I can no longer hold down a full time job. The strings of bondage, once cut, liberates the body and soul entirely. I am no longer willing to be held down by a restraint. You may break my wing so that I am flightless but in my heart, in my mind, my very being soars further than the limits of what have you.

Another fellow lunch mate admitted the same. She didn't think she could ever go back to another job where she cannot get to dictate her terms any more. She is especially disillusioned with the way she was treated when she was at work. However, for whatever we had shared, we always got along.

Another lady who just quit her job had the same idea. She didn't think she wants to be held hostage to a job again. Part time work is fine but not full time commitments.

Our last friend, who is looking at a particularly bright prospect in front of her, hesitates. We told her to take the challege and rise up another rung before quiting. Why quit when the opportunity is right there?

Still, I must have been blessed to have this group of friends in my life.

People have a way of sorting themselves out in your life. Certain groups form and then they grow, they get trimmed; people are inducted into our (un)holy circles (eh, all bitchy people!) while others stray or go their separate ways (they become our bitching targets). But somehow, they have always brought lots of love to the table.

I look forward to having them over for a bread party soon.

2 comments:

Sunit said...

burp!

dont forget me! :)

Anonymous said...

The bread party got cancelled at the ladies' request.

They were too busy and thankfully for me too! The pesky flu is taking its time to clear up!