Monday, December 01, 2008

Double Whammy

Had the chills and ran a fever the whole of last night.

Woke up every two hours to pee and drink water.

The throat was closing up, the nasal passages are clogged.

The joints are sore and hurting really bad.

Getting out of bed is sheer torture.

So is pulling the blanket over myself to keep warm.

This morning, I was outside the doctor's at 7.30 am, one full hour before the clinic opened. There were already two others ahead of me. I sat on the bench - thank god for the renovation, the clinic staff moved the bench from across the clinic door to next to it - and dozed off for ten minute snoozes. The queue grew longer each time I wake up.

I got to see the doctor after 9 am because there were another 6 appointment cases where the patients did not have to queue.

So, he diagnosed tonsilitis (not so bad) and sinusitis. The former gives me a sore throat, the latter a headache. Together, the fever and body ache.

Sigh. Why do bad things come in twos?

1 comment:

Sunit said...

get well soon!