Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Homebound

There is little to do while being sick at home. However, time flies by so quickly I never want this period of inactivity to end.

What is there not to like?

No work. Too sick to work but I don't mind squeezing in an hour or two when I feel up to it.

No going out. Too sick to go out. And I certainly don't miss it.

No need to spend money. Except for seeing doctors, I can live with less expenses. Spending money does not bring my joy or grief. It just requires me to invest time and effort to make sure the money is spent properly. So, if I don't get a chance to spend money, so be it. I won't die not being able to buy a Nonya kebaya to wear for Chinese New Year. (Sorry, Quincy.)

No wasting of medical leave. When I was a full-timer, I didn't like to fall sick because my work piled up. But if I do fall sick, usually from overwork, I would love to go on as long a break as possible to recover. Alas, this is usually not possible because viruses hate loneliness. Doctors know it. That's why medical leave days are limited and before you know it, you are back to share your diseased-joy with your colleagues.

In any case, I just want my throat to clear up. The swelling has spread to the ear, meaning that the remant virus has entered the ear tracts. Sigh. I'd rather fall sick with minor ailments frequently than get one of these full works once in a while. At least I'd be less miserable.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nonya Kebaya? Oh so you are into dragging too? lol...but Kebaya is eeww, why not wear a flaming red cheongsam?

Anonymous said...

No, I'm just poking fun at Quinsy. I think that woman has a grudge against money - she needs to expunge soonest possible whatever cash she has in her wallet.

T. F. Stern said...

Get well soon.

Anonymous said...

No leh, your mummy is quite a prudent value shopper and financially savvy too! =D