The car's ass got kissed yesterday. Kissed hard! I cannot help but think of this following song, Embraceable You.
Change the lyrics to
Oh kiss it, my sweet so kissable butt
Oh kiss it, you know you so love my butt...
We were stopped in the second right-most lane at the cross junction of Crawford Street (towards Lavender Street) and Victoria Street. There right turn arrow came on to allow cars to turn right but the stupid car in front blocked the lane. So, it looks like we might go straight instead. Rightfully, the driver of this car should not line up in this lane but he did. It is just senseless, when you have two other straight moving lanes on the left. We were in this lane because we were ambivalent on the forward direction but since we are stuck, oh well.
Before we can finish cursing the stupid car in front, and me still in the ready to move off position in my front seat so that I can counteract the forces to overcome the car's move off inertia, we were rear-ended by a SMRT cab. The huge Toyota Crown moving off and hitting a stationary Honda Jazz must be a sight to behold. It was a hard enough bump to throw me forward and then I came back to hit my head against the headrest.
It took me a split second more than usual to realise we were bumped at the back. In fact, the cab driver was already down the car apologizing furiously to my housemate before I got off, hearing him say (in Mandarin) that he was sorry; it was all his fault.
He then offered to compensate for the damages if the cost is below $1000 bucks. Looking at the damage, I think it might be closer to $4000. Well, at least it was a courteous taxi driver we were dealing with and not some ill-bred hooligan.
The short of the long story - we ended up getting checked in the hospital. I was offered an injection for the pain I feel in my neck and back and an injection for the giddiness and nausea. Doc recommended the pain jab and I took it. Then there were x-rays - two at first and then another two more, when Doc determined that the first two could not show the C7 of the cervical spine as it was blocked by my muscles. Eh, got muscles leh. Must have developed them from screaming at kids.
Then, of all things, the second round of x-rays found I have a bone chip at C7. I'm seeing the orthopaedic surgeon in two weeks. Not much choice, it seems. But I think it shouldn't be too troublesome, since I am feeling quite ok.
Had a good sleep last night and today, I'm feeling the soreness all over. Let's just see how this entire episode ends up in the end. The curtain is just lifted and Act 1 (pun NOT intended) is just over.
I'm fine. I just have a lot of papers to grade and I'm sure they will grate. Oh, amen for the painkillers...
No comments:
Post a Comment