Some times, I don't blame her.
I mean, when song writers write songs, they should think about audience perception. Not everyone has the lyrics to the songs and not all singers can sing clearly.
For the longest time, I thought the chorus for Irreplaceable begins with "You must run over me, you must run over me..." and
All the Single Ladies began with "All the single legs, all the single legs..."
I'm not against singers showing off their vocal prowess or song writers trying to show off, but there is a limit to how many syllables can be shoved into a single hemidemisemiquaver note.
In Chinese songs, however, there are songs where the meanings get distorted. For instance,
has its lyrics been spoofed. It used to mean "Love's Anthem" and the new title is "Brother Piggy's Love". This spoof is not without history. Piggy, in Journey to the West (aka Monkey King), used to be a lascivious general in Heaven. He was banished to earth as a pig headed creature for running afoul with Heavenly Laws.
Of course, Jay Chou, with his garbled singing style, has had many of his songs turned R- or X-rated.
The ordinary (wo)man's perverted mind cannot be underestimated. But with all things, there must exist suitable impetus to spur the thoughts. The various poorly written songs and poorly executed songs have definitely played a large role in this.
We of course shall exclude intentionally perverted songs such as "The Horny Goatherd" from this discussion as that is a different story.
No comments:
Post a Comment