Sunday, March 13, 2005

Drops

Drops

Baby Drops

The Singapore government will not allow baby drops for fear that there will be too many abandoned babies.

Dropping Baby Down The Rubbish Chute

There is an increasing trend of illegitimate new-borns being thrown down the rubbish chutes from several storeys. I wonder how the mum felt when she closed the chute cover, while baby goes "wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee"?

Where Are The Rain Drops?

The recent dry spell seems to be getting from strength to strength. Although there were a few occasional showers, it seems like the hot, dry weather is back to stay. More bush fires?

Working Morale

Loads and loads of work drop on my shoulder but yet, I don't have the resources to get them them. So my morale drops.

Ringgit

Just went to Malaysia. The last time I went there, S$100 gets RM$230. Friday, I got RM$232.50. The ringgit dropped. My holiday became cheaper.

Bread

Placing two slices of bread into the toaster at the hotel, he went about to get other food. When he came back, he saw a shameless woman pick up his two toasted slices of bread that has dropped onto the collection tray. Without missing a beat, she picked them up, asked, "Yours ah? Heh heh...", and carried them away.

Morals

If the trip to Malaysia were anything to go by, Singaporeans do not have to worry too much about their dropping moral standards. We are in great company.

Century Egg (aka Black Egg)

Fear Factor viewers around the world cringe at the gooey black egg mess. They simply don't know how great this thing tastes. Anyway, I ordered a century egg congee for dinner today. The stall holder transferred the egg into the bowl where the congee was supposed to be poured into. He dropped a piece on the preparation counter, which was meant for my bowl. Didn't replace with another. He picked up the dropped egg and dropped it down his gullet.

Bed

Last part. Next round I'll try and post my pictures at Kuantan. I'm dropping down on my bed.

No comments: