A Little Teaser
Something more light hearted for a change.
My Dearest,
Please do not take this in jest,
I really do think you're the best.
You have the most beautiful eyes,
That’s where I let my gaze rest.
A woman with such good connections
Must have near infinite selection.
But you give me such a big smile,
So please ignore my imperfections.
I know that this poem's a farce,
But I'm running a bit short on class.
I'd like to take you up the West End,
It’s an evening we'd never surpass.
It's said that I'm not very slick,
And some people think that I'm thick.
I don't have a very big room,
But please don't dismiss me too quick.
I suspect that I'm pushing my luck,
Please don't say I'm out for a duck.
Come join me tonight for a film,
And I'll never treat you like muck.
When I see you I just have to thank
The Lord that I can be so frank.
Without you I'd just have to cry,
But I know on your love I can bank.
-----
Ok, think that wasn't funny at all? Take out the last word of all the third lines, and replace it with a word that rhymes with the rest of the stanza. A clue: the first one starts with 'br....'
You're more than welcome to suggest your answers in the comments.
No comments:
Post a Comment