What you don't know...
Well, I suppose what you don't know does not mean you don't have. I strained my inguinal ligament.
The feeling is really bad. The pain is unbearable. It's the most awkward to describe, I suppose. I was telling my doctor, "When the underwear is hugging a bit too tightly, the pain is unbearable because of the pressure. When the underwear is a bit loose, the pain is searing because there is no support. When I take a bath, wind makes it tender and painful, and the water makes it very painful."
Frankly, I actually thought I had hernia, because the groin felt a little swollen. Hernia would have been terrible. It means that the entire muscle has been pulled out of the socket.
When the doctor examined me, he had to eliminate appendicitis (which I also told him one of my guesses was). Somehow, the inguinal ligament and the appendix are about a finger and a half width apart. So, he was not too sure if he could rule of appendicitis immediately.
Anyhow, I told him when I walked in, "I think it's either a muscle strain, hernia, or appendicitis. But I think I can rule out the last." Well, something that exotic is new to me.
But exotic to me is common to the footballers.
So doc says no more packing. Cannot move anything by feet. Cannot even squat down and push the boxes.
But I'm really moving on 2 Nov. So, I'll just make do. Somehow, not packing does not seem a possibility after all... Sigh!
No comments:
Post a Comment