Blister Blister
Wore the pair of shoes I bought from Sri Lanka last year for the first time yesterday. Today I wore it again. I now have a bleeding blister on my left heel and the shoe cuts right into the plaster even.
I wonder how the supermodels can wear pair after pair of new shoes to walk on the runway.
I mean, yeah, I know you've got to have really thick skin to be a supermodel. You have to be oblivious to the snide and catty remarks that people pass in your face or the biting and backstabbing behind your back. Maybe those who can parade shoes really can endure the pain.
I still vividly recall the last time I tried a pair of contact lenses and the tears flushed the lens out of my eyes. The optician attending to me told me, "Aiyoh, you not vain enough lah! You know some girls (no offence intended, but this exactly what SHE told me) are so vain, they'll force those lenses in and hold it against their eyes to get the thing to be inside, if that's the last thing they'll ever do."
Flabbergasted as I was, I disavowed contact lenses since then. "Maybe when you are vain enough, you can come back again...," the optician said. I can't believe that almost 10 years later, these words are still so fresh in my memory.
I guess I can draw two simple conclusions from here. First, I've a low pain threshold. Second, I'm no vainpot.
Afternote: Come to think about it, once you're past 30, you're over the hill in terms of looks. Don't believe that a man past 30 can ooze charisma. No. If anything oozes out of your eyes, it's probably tears of regret (regardless of marital status). If anything oozes out of your nose, it's definitely mucus. If anything oozes out of your ears, better get the ear infection checked. And if anything oozes out of your mouth, you must be having fits again (is it because of the credit card bill?).