I moved out on 2 Nov and have been living alone since.
I thought pre-move packing was a nightmare. The post-move unpacking was a nightmare an item unpacked.
The wardrobe was supposed to be huge already. Alas, it could not even store all the clothes my old wardrobe used to store.
I have more shoes than floor space to hold them and I'm not even anywhere near 0.01% of Imelda Marcos' shoe ownership numbers.
I have bookshelves which have become makeshift wardrobes. I've dumped away all my university notes.
All my new or newer books have been donated to the Salvation Army. So are some beautiful ornaments that I have no use for. I have thrown almost 5 boxes of stuff which I could not accommodate away.
The bulk of the unpacking was quick. What you can't possibly store away, you heartlessly throw away or compassionately give away. I hope people who take them home would love them like I still do (but alas!) The remaining bits and pieces are making me fall apart into as many pieces. They just don't fit anywhere.
I've cancelled the order of a new bookshelf because I think erecting wooden planks on walls to hold the remaining items are more economical and practical.
I have to set up an entirely new schedule to do up the household chores that had never needed me to do.
Basically, I need to be more innovative in my space usage. I need to break away from the traditional storage ideas and find something that works for me. And it has to be cheap.
No comments:
Post a Comment