Saturday, March 04, 2006

Where you stand

Where you stand

Was eating dinner at a coffeshop opposite a Hotel 81 last night.

At the entance of H81 by the roadside, there was this woman in a maroon power suit, a brief case and in heels making a call.

Then she walked into the hotel.

Are you thinking what I am thinking?

* * *

Same place, there was this bald, skinny caucasian man. He paced up and down the entrance corridor of the same hotel.

He was making a calls and after finishing a call after a few laps on the tarmac, he disappeared into the hotel.

Are you thinking what I am thinking?

* * *

An man in his 50s brought a woman in her late 20s or 30s and walked into the coffeeshop where I was eating.

He seated her down and said in Chinese, "We'll just eat what I order, ok?"

She did not reply.

I know they have come from across the road.

So he ordered a big plate of Indian Rojak and finished the food in no time. They paid up and left.

I've stopped thinking.

But I am indeed happy that there are people who might not have to spend the night alone.

No comments: