Saturday, February 16, 2008

And then it clicked...

There is a time for departure even when there's no certain place to go.
- Tennessee Williams

I was writing my farewell message to my colleagues before the end of my last day of work and I wanted to end it with a quotable quote which aptly captured the essence of my decision without divulging too much.

There is some uncertainty now, although being employed in a new job is certain. I am sure I will excel at this stage of life, becoming a freelancer and my own boss finally.

I have never set out to being my own boss. I lack the discipline. I have no interest to make more money than I can spend or live with guilt because some of the earnings might be through some less than above-board dealings. (I see not giving my best during tuition lessons as one such example.)

And then, I chanced upon what Tennessee Williams wrote about having to go, despite not knowing the next destination.

While I had told people that I'll be off to studies - eventually I will - I am still pretty much in a floater mood. Not that I want to. I need to.

I need to re-absorb life. I need to be re-energised, re-charged, renewed (you can say recycled too, I am ambivalent about namecalling), reinvented, rejuvenated, reinvigorated, re... Some re's are redundant but you get the drift.

So, where am I off to next?

Another suitcase another door?
Don't ask anymore.
- Evita

No comments: