5 Feb
Swan Valley wine tasting self-drive.
Craziness. 32 km stretch of vineyards and wineries, melon and grape sellers, and shops peddling weird ware ranging from wine bottle stopper-dispensers, ceramic plates and cups, fine dining ware and what have you.
As usual, 3 hours ain't getting us to as many vineyards as we wished and as I am the "skipper" aka the driver plus I am not an alcohol drinker, I am not at all disappointed.
The drinker on the trip was also already quite worn out after tasting the umpteenth chenin blanc, the umpteenth verdehol, the umpteenth merlot, the umpteeth rose, the umpteenth shiraz (so crude, the shirazs!).
So we drove back and the navigator was understandably irritated by having to navigate with both alcohol in the veins and a street directory on her lap. Anyway, to cut the long story short, I drove back almost blind. And I made it. So, there goes.
It's scorching hot here and there is nothing more comfortable than standing under a jet of cool water in the shower. Go figure.
No comments:
Post a Comment