Wednesday, April 16, 2008

How is life now?

Very simple question. Very complex answer.

Two possible versions. I'll give the short one.

LIFE IS GOOD! In fact, as good as it gets.

Busy but fulfilling. Work is piling up and in shambles - just like everything else now - but there is a clear direction where things are heading. And best of all, I can turn down work that I don't want to do without fear of any repurcussions. This is important for me.

I so ain't going to be held hostage by months of bonuses now. I get paid a fair value for what I do. Or if the value is not what I ask for, I can decide if I still want to do it. Or I may do something for much less, if I like it or I feel for it or I want to do it. There is nothing more powerful than having a say in the work you do. Having the passion makes a big difference in your work. Mediocrity results otherwise.

The power to choose now resides with me. I choose joy, passion, happiness and love. The joy of living, the passion in doing what you love, the happiness that comes from the fruits of your labour and loving whatever that comes your way.

Life. You only live once. Decide wisely.

No comments: