Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Subconscious connections

Overhead in the news a few days ago that a Haitian man was pulled out of a rubble alive after being buried inside there for 11 days.

Actually, long before the news came out, I was already thinking about cockroaches, which are known for their ability to stay alive for weeks despite being decapitated.

Incredible resilience!

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Overhead on my morning walk/jog as I overtook two Indian ladies who occupied the entire five-foot path as they were walking abreast (and not in an Indian file).

"You know, I checked his compo and I asked if he knows how to write."

"..."

"They are all small words. What does he expect to get with all small words?"

I recalled then I read somewhere that Indian men have, within Asia, among the largest reproductive organs.

I wonder if the matchmakers would go, "It is all so small. What does he expect to get...?"

Size queens?

_____________________________________________________________________________________

A student who was stricken with chicken pox came to school despite getting a 7-day medical leave from the doctor.

She was probably concerned about her status as a guest student at the school, or she might have been shut out of the flat that she shared with two other schoolmates.

The school did not wish to have anything to do with the student as she was a guest and she wasn't putting up at the school hostel.

Her teachers were only too eager to get her to go home.

As I sat listening to this, images of ebola and leprosy came to my mind.

It's only chicken pox, a childhood disease. It is pitiful enough that a student far away from home is stricken with it.

Is chicken pox the new ebola?

And then I said, "She should be sent to the Communicable Disease Centre, since that's our default quarantine centre."

Are we basically good or basically bad?

No comments: