To all those who are psychologically imbalanced because of my living it up despite bumming around, I'm back at work.
It was in the offing for the last month or so but I'm now officially - well, except I've not signed the Letter of Appointment - back at work. It is my previous job before I began teaching Academic Writing in the university.
Despite being away for more than 2 years - 2 years, 5 months and 12 (13, really - 2008 was a leap year!) days to be exact - I came back and felt right in my place. It is as if I had never left this place before.
It's quite scary, really, that one can physically leave a job but not really leave it in its entirety. Fortunately, I didn't stuff any skeletons in the work closets during my previous stint.
If you'd ask me, I'll say I fit right in. I'm very comfortable here and I feel I'm already in the deep end of things. I had quite a number of briefings this morning to re-acquaint myself with the stuff I have to do and I think I'm going to be up for it.
No comments:
Post a Comment