If you haven't a good thing to say, you're welcome to sit beside me.
Saturday, July 24, 2010
Sick again
Caught whatever is going around. But because someone got it first and I have been drinking the herbal drinks that I've been boiling to help with someone's symptoms, I don't seem to be getting it as bad.
I am very sorry that you are sick, and hope that you get better soon. Bed rest, fluids, small meals ... all help. You know that. Best wishes and warm hugs, my friend.
Hand washing, lysol, and antiseptic hand gel. I get crazy and sometimes inhale isopropyl alcohol. I swab every nick and cut or abrasion with rubbing alcohol and I don't shake too many peoples hands. At walmart they got antiseptic swipes so you can clean the push bar on the grocery cart.
And in your case if I got that ill all the time I would wear a space suit to work.......Ok that is probably not what I would do.
The US is a nation obsessed by germs of all sorts and consequently our addiction to antiseptics as created only more antibiotic resistance wee beasties. Our ancestors lived in dirt - lot if dirt - some lived and some died unaided by artificial elements.
Can we really say we are better off now than they were especially with our assisted living centers filling to capacity which in turn become breeding grounds for additional disease?
I could lay all this to the issue of overpopulation and will.....
3 comments:
I am very sorry that you are sick, and hope that you get better soon. Bed rest, fluids, small meals ... all help. You know that. Best wishes and warm hugs, my friend.
Hand washing, lysol, and antiseptic hand gel. I get crazy and sometimes inhale isopropyl alcohol. I swab every nick and cut or abrasion with rubbing alcohol and I don't shake too many peoples hands. At walmart they got antiseptic swipes so you can clean the push bar on the grocery cart.
And in your case if I got that ill all the time I would wear a space suit to work.......Ok that is probably not what I would do.
The US is a nation obsessed by germs of all sorts and consequently our addiction to antiseptics as created only more antibiotic resistance wee beasties. Our ancestors lived in dirt - lot if dirt - some lived and some died unaided by artificial elements.
Can we really say we are better off now than they were especially with our assisted living centers filling to capacity which in turn become breeding grounds for additional disease?
I could lay all this to the issue of overpopulation and will.....
Post a Comment