Monday, December 05, 2005

Hardly 5*

Hardly 5*

Stayed in the Equitorial Hotel in Malacca over the weekend. Spent Saturday night in Room 1003.

The hotel was already quite old and yet it claimed it is a 5* hotel. I wonder when the last star audit was done.

The room was reasonable but faces the setting sun. The folks didn't even think that cooling the room prior to the guests' arrival was necessary. We entered a furnace when we walked into the room. Took a while for the airconditioner to cool the place down.

The mini bar was empty, the room safe was locked, the integrated control box at the head of the bed doesn't work fully. Took the hotel some time to come over to open the safe. But at least it was usable after that.

Those aside, what I really really really could not tolerate was the pillows, which stank of rancid hair oil. You know the smell that comes out of unwashed oily hair which has turned bad? Yucks.

But in the end, I was too tired to care. I had driven almost 8 hours and all I managed to do was to drop off and drift off to a deep sleep...

No comments: