Tuesday, December 13, 2005

So much to write, so little time

So much to write, so little time

Wow! One week whizzed by without my realising it. I had told myself time and again that I want to add to this blog. I've got so much to say and write. Alas, I didn't manage to do it.

Part of the reason, or rather, the main reason for not blogging is due to my erratic internet connectivity at home. Being a super duper cheapskate (I reckon I could get away with that better than saying, Having a super duper cheapskate housemate) who insists on tapping on the remnant signals from my neighbours unsecured internet connection, I lose the connection rather easily. The signals are not too strong to start with, having passed through many walls, and so the fear of "write and then lose everything" probably outweighs the desire to write.

Still, getting to write is great. I'll be getting my own broadband internet connection on Boxing Day. I am seriously thinking of going the Mr Brown and Mr Miyagi way of registering for my own domain. But that remains a thought. I wanna get my own house first.

Then, what should I call my domain? www.mrteflon.net? Hm... interesting. No firm ideas yet. Maybe www.mrteflon.xxx. You know, cyber regulators are indeed thinking of the .xxx domain. That'll free me to write a lot more stuff than I usually would. But then...

It's always the "but thens" in life. Especially in Singapore. Everything's too big a risk and every OK is mitigated with a but-then or maybe more. Sense of insecurity? Probably. Arises from the fact that the penalties are too harsh.

I wish I could go on, but then I'm so scared I'll be sued...


No comments: