Wanted to write about some song. The first line was "I close my eyes". Then I realised so many songs had the line "I close my eyes" in it.
"I closed my eyes, drew back the curtain
To see for certain what I thought I knew
Far far away, someone was weeping
But the world was sleeping
Any dream will do"
- Joseph and the Technicolour Dreamcoat
I close my eyes
and there in the shadows I see your light
You come to me out of my dreams across
the night
- For Always
I close my eyes
And dream of you and I
And then I realize
There's more to love than only bitterness and lies
I close my eyes
- Broken Vow
Look at me I'm riding high
don't know what's wrong with me.
Can't you see I'm not the guy
that I pretend to be.
Though I know I will be lonely
but our love will never die
I close my eyes, everyday, I close my eyes.
Ah......
- I Close My Eyes
But I closed my eyes
Steadied my feet on the ground
Raised my head to the sky
And though time's rolled by
Still I feel like that child
As I look at the moon
Maybe I grew up a little too soon
- Closed My Eyes
And many more.
Looks like song writers love to study the underside of their eyelids.
Wonder if there are any other phrases that we flogged to death like this one.
No comments:
Post a Comment