Thursday, May 08, 2008

Delaying the inevitable

I may be jumping the gun here but I think the woman is really trying to delay the inevitable.

She's already so far behind and she's already lent her campaign US$6 million!

But perhaps that's small money.

I hear Billy gives talks at USD 250k per pop. And given his prowess and the practice that he had with and on his intern, he could probably take on a sideline.

What made me amused was the fact that he did not ask her to back down. Or did her. Because the numbers are hard to deny and overcome. The opponent had a significantly strong hand.

Party members would also realise that even if she wins, her winning margin would make her target for opposition gunfire because of her highly fractious campaign. If people really wanted her, she wouldn't have had to settle for such a nomination on such pathetic numbers.

In fact, both her and her opponent are either so damned good that the party is having a hard time to decide or are so damned that the party is having a hard time to decide. Finally, the whole people will have a hard time trying to decide as well.

If she threw in the towel now and graciously backed him, she could probably claim credit as a "king-maker".

But only time will tell if this post has jumped the gun.

2 comments:

T. F. Stern said...

I like the fact that Obama and Hilly are bleeding each other and having to explain stupid remarks, each time we get a better idea of how poorly they match up for the job. I'd love to see this go down to the convention floor in a blood bath which would show the world what a bunch of jackals they are.

Anonymous said...

She is living up to the party's name. She wants to be nominated in a democratic manner by liberally airing dirty linen. Nice...