Sunday, June 22, 2008

Crazy crazy roads

Yesterday, there were three road incidents that I saw on the Pan Island Expressway. Incredible.

In the first incident, a pick-up careened suddenly three lanes (from middle right all the way to the extreme left lane), and then past the road shoulder hit against the roadside fences along the shoulder lane and richocheted off. The pick-up then came to a stop in the road shoulder. Amazingly, no other car was involved despite there being cars before and following the pick-up all the way. Incredibly, no one had to brake or take evasive actions! Go figure. Right after I passed the pick-up, not more than 100 m later, there was a loud bang.

(A change in plans led me right back to the opposite side of the expressway). There, I saw the source of the loud bang. A lorry's back tyre has exploded. Go figure. It rests in the traffic island right after the exit to the expressway.

And late in the evening, after my shopping and dinner, on the way home, we saw a 12 car pile-up although the newspapers said that there were two separate incidents involving 10 cars in all. I counted and there were 12!

So exciting. Except there were no deaths. We could increase our IQ by a lot if these folks voluntarily removed themselves from the gene pool!

No comments: