Friday, June 27, 2008

Do you think it gives me an orgasm?

Went back for a second acupuncture treatment for the bust back yesterday. The second time in two days.

And after the acupuncturist nagged at me that I am visiting too frequently, when I went to collect my meds, the pharmacist gave me another earful about not coming twice in two days for meds and acupuncture, should at most visit twice or thrice a week for such treatment yah dah yah dah yah dah.

Hello! First, the physician on the first visit gave me flu meds, which if you do not know, will not address the bust back. Anyway, the meds you had dispensed are 2/3 done, since I went last night. You know - 3 days' med contains 9 doses. By last night, I'm 5 doses done. Ok, I'm 6 doses done. I took a double for my first dose, as I usually do for Chinese meds. And the remaining meds are going to run out today - don't worry, I won't waste any medicine - so, what's your problem?

It's not as though I am such a pain seeker that getting jabbed, electro-stimulated through needles and a harsh post acupuncture massage is going to give me an orgasm!

* * *

The Age, 27 June 2008
Craig Platt

European budget carrier Ryanair has taken its cheeky reputation to new levels, with chief executive officer Michael O'Leary suggesting business class passengers would receive free oral sex on flights.

O'Leary made the saucy remarks during a press conference in Germany about Ryanair's Trans-Atlantic flights.

Explaining that Ryanair's long-haul flights would feature a business class that went against Ryanair's typical low-budget ethos, O'Leary remarked that "in economy it will be very cheap fares, say 10 Euros, and in business class it will be bed and blowjobs".

While O'Leary's remark was obviously a joke, he repeated the controversial comment and wanted it translated for the journalists.

"In business class," he said, "it will all be free - including the blowjobs."

He then asked the translator the German word for oral sex. After being told there wasn't one, he remarked "terrible sex life in Germany".


I recall the European airlines I've flown before. I'm going to claim that I suffer from a serious bout of amnesia here about my experience but I am going to conclude that I don't think I will be excited at all to fly on Ryanair's business class, much less get me an orgasm.

* * *

More things that won't hit the mark:

- Oil hits US$140 as Libya warns of production cuts.

- E. Coli in tomatoes, beef; salmonella in other things, except money in my pocket.

- Singapore raises pump prices the third time in a month despite respite in oil prices.

- Rates for electricity going up.

There, go figure.

"Some days the balls don't bounce where you want them to bounce or they don't land where you want them to land." - Maria Sharapova, after being beaten 6-2, 6-4 in the second round of Wimbledon by the 20-year-old Alla Kudryavtseva, who is ranked 152 places beneath her and has previously won only four matches this year.


No comments: