I would go so far as to suggest that you should be very careful who you give your cellphone number to as well.
Several scams have been run here in NZ where a competition requires you to leave your cellphone number (at a web page). You win nothing in the competition, but several weeks later you start getting TXTs. Your next bill shows that you are paying an exhorbitant amount for receiving the TXT. Most of that goes to the sender.
2 comments:
I would go so far as to suggest that you should be very careful who you give your cellphone number to as well.
Several scams have been run here in NZ where a competition requires you to leave your cellphone number (at a web page). You win nothing in the competition, but several weeks later you start getting TXTs. Your next bill shows that you are paying an exhorbitant amount for receiving the TXT. Most of that goes to the sender.
Nice one, Probligo.
I never sign up for anything like that. :)
Post a Comment