Monday, August 04, 2008

We can forget

Long before I switched over to my new touchpad laptop, I stopped synching my brick of a cellphone with my Microsoft Outlook.

The only problem I have now is that my GPS is not updated as I was unable to get the phone to establish an internet connection via my new PC.

Then he spent the entire afternoon and a good part of the evening first synching the phone against an empty slate and losing all my information, restoring it from a grossly outdated database - I'm still missing lots and worse I don't know what's missing, and then successfully updated the GPS program.

But meanwhile, I lost so much time to do things that would otherwise have put me in a better mood than I am now. I am in a terribly foul mood because I now need to re-input all my appointments, if I know where to find the info, and I didn't manage to get the use of the computer.

The short of the long story is this: We are able to actually live without updates or reminders from things we had in the past and we don't even know what we have lost.

We can forget. It's just whether physically, we are as ready to lose our useless tangible baggage as easily as our minds lost their mental burdens.

I shall continue to strive to streamline my physical belongings.

1 comment:

Sunit said...

eh y dis post no labl 1 ah?