Went for my usual check-up at SGH yesterday.
It was a new doctor attending to me; the last went on a secondment to earn more moolah at one of Singapore's leading private hospitals.
To cut the very long story short, the new doctor first missed one regular medicine. It was only when I recalled the name of the medicine that he managed to find it on the drop down list. *GASP!*
Then he prescribed the wrong dosages. It took me nearly 2 hours (over an hour waiting and a good period waiting for the pharmacist to contact the doctor to get the prescription changed) before I managed to get my medicine.
As a highly educated young guy, I have the frame of mind and ability to remember the medicines I take. Even if I could not remember the exact dosages, I remember the colour of the pills.
Imagine an old folk or a less meticulous person taking back the under-strengthed medicine. I hate to think of the consequences.
Moral of the story: Carry your prescription list with you at all times. Or else, summarise it into a credit card sized card and slot in your wallet. Show it to the doctor! Maybe that's why Medic Awas is such a great idea for folks in general.
2 comments:
Eugene,
I’ve nominated you for the Nice Matters Award. Come visit my site and see how that came about.
Post a Comment