Was famished during the latter part of the day yesterday. No surprise that I actually digested my noodles lunch much faster than I did.
Went for dinner at the food centre near the former Housing & Development Board at Bukit Merah and after that, walked around a bit.
Stopped outside the NTUC supermarket. They had an entire range of biscuits on sale. Normally, you could never hold me back from buying nicely packed biscuits. Even if I buy them and eventually have to give them away, I'd gladly do it. It's just a bad habit, if you might. These biscuits looked especially tempting for afternoon tea time, especially if my hunger pangs attack.
I picked up a purple pack which screamed "Walnut Cookies" in cute cartoon Chinese letters.
Then I placed it back, took a second glance and walked off shaking my head.
No way am I feeding myself "Made in China" cookies. Who knows what flour they used. Perhaps they are fortified with ground concrete from the buildings they had torn down. Or termite digested wood dust?
2 comments:
Go ahead and enjoy them, they only put the concrete in the ones going to the US.
Like real, Fraser. I think they "love" everyone equally, but fair-skinned bethren more equally. :D
-Tef
Post a Comment