Tuesday, October 16, 2007

A lull period

I'll be on and off here for at least the coming fortnight.

I've been visiting the place, which is currently under renovation, about 4 to 5 times a week with the owner. We are both getting a little aback by the speed of the renovation. The lack of speed, that is. We are also partly to blame, having bought items in drips and draps and bringing them in for the contractors to put up. It's hard work for them but it is equally hard for us as we scramble to accumulate what we need in the little daylight hours left after we knock off from work.

While the contractors are confident that everything would be done by our stipulated deadlines, I'm more circumspect. I keep a running list of the list of things to-do and the completion. We are not even half in green yet although whatever has been accomplished are very much to our liking.

I'll be moving to my new place on 27 Oct and I've arranged for packing to be done on 20 Oct. Meanwhile, I've designated 22 and 29 Oct as "recovery" days and 19 and 26 Oct as preparation days. I've become a relocation cynic - and I'm most functional when I'm desperately out of time. I'm approaching that.

I hope this will be one move that will last quite some time.

Work-wise, everything is not moving as they should. It is as though the floodgates are still held shut by a straw, which I'm trying to break, before the pressure builds up beyond the point of salvation.

I fear the deluge when the gates finally fly open and I'm caught flat-footed. I've sent a great many chasers but I can only do that much.

I'm intending to see the doctor for this minor throat irritation - I hope it is not what my deepest fears conjure. But then, like all things in life, when god closes a door, he usually slams it in your face. Just don't be blinded by the door knob or you can't find the window he opens for you after that.

Oh well, what will be, will be.

No comments: