Here's a quick update before I give in to the Z monster.
The movers came yesterday and they moved most of the stuff over in two trips.
icloud, OKE, Justin and Wei Qiang were such angels - they helped with the unpacking in the kitchen. I am very very grateful for their help.
We went back to the old place to clean up till close to 11 pm before coming back to the new place.
I carried on with the cleaning and went to bed at almost 2 am today.
Woke up and cleaned and unpacked even more today.
I'm entirely bushed now and I'll be hitting the sack once I log out.
Moving is such a pain.
2 comments:
At least you went back and cleaned the old place, lots of folks just walk away and leave the mess for somebody else to clean up. We had renters in our old house that when they left if cost us almost 4K$ to clean and fix the mess they left and they even stole the oven and refridgerator, poured soda on the carpets to write their names and piles of trash in the living room.
I'll never rent it again;that's the second time something similar happened with renters. My kids live in that house now and are replacing almost everything so we can sell it next year. He's a drywall specialist and can paint, do tile work and light carpentry; the rest he let's his friends do so I don't charge them to live there.
There is a clause in our rental agreement which required rentals to pay the landlord a month's deposit per tenancy year. This rental is not to be offset against the last month's rent for the tenancy; it is used as a collateral to make good any damages at the end of the rental contract.
Both my landlords have become good friends cos they got their place back in as good, if not better, shape than before.
Post a Comment