Tuesday, March 25, 2008

My choice is sleep

For the past few days, I was faced with the choice of what time I wanted to report for work.

The main reason for the reluctance to start work early is that the pay is mere pittance. Had it been more substantial, I might decide that getting to work early is more worthwhile than snatching another hour of sleep. But not with that pathetic pay.

So, even if I decide to go in a little later, I don't feel any pinch.

Today, I was hesitating between going in to mark some scripts or not going in. In the end, I decided not to go in. First, Tuesday is my off day and I had never gone in. I want to keep that tradition. Second, the kids do not deserve me slaving away to mark their pathetic work. Third, I decided more sleep was in order.

I am probably servicing a 33 year sleep debt and that might take another 33 years to repay. Honestly, the worst loanshark is sleep.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is the post above considered "good work ethics"?

Anonymous said...

If you pay peanuts...