Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Fairy Tale Endings

TV series Little Nyonya ended recently and many viewers are grousing about the disappointing ending.

Many people thought the long suffering female lead Yueniang should be married to the rich man's son Chen Xi. They rationalised that after having gone through so much together, they should end up together.

Eh, WAKE UP! Since when do such things happen in real life? More often than not, we end up carrying the can and get asked to make do with the lemons we are given. And by the way, since when did love or trials-and-tribulations got to do with anything?

Fairy tale endings should be banned the day Hans Christian Anderson died.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot about Enid Blyton...

Anonymous said...

Oh, did you really think Tammylan wasn't a paedophile?

T. F. Stern said...

That does it, just see if I loan you my Shirley Temple collection now...

Anonymous said...

Just as long as I get my Bluebell vanilla ice cream to eat and I get to be zipped around in your beemer, who cares about Shirley's temple?