Friday, January 02, 2009

New Year Resolution 2009

See how smart I am? People simply can't keep resolutions. I'll just make one resolution which whether I keep it or not, I'm still successful.

My resolution: Not to have a resolution.

Why resolve to do something and then forget it?

Honestly speaking, why must it be the new year that a resolution can be made? If so, then all marriages should only take place on New Year's Day or else there isn't a resolution to stay married. Now, do you understand why people marry and divorce? There is really no link to why the bride wears white and the groom wears black. It has got to do with the day couple are married. They are married on non-resolute days. So they stray.

Death should only occur on New Year's Day for the same reason. Otherwise, the dead can't stay dead. And Miss Ghost Whisperer will be in business. And do you remember how much she used to hate her gift? Poor her. In the recent series, her handsome paramedic husband is dead. Then he comes back to life when his soul takes over a dead motorist's body. I shouldn't tell you too much or you will resolve never to visit my blog again. That, I know, is not good for me.

Giving away babies should only be done on New Year's Day. In this way, the resolve of giving up the child will ensure that neither the mother will renege on her decision nor the child will return to acknowledge the birth parent(s). If this were done, Dr Cuddy in House would have gotten her child from the coke junkie (who reminds me of an ex-colleague) and the poor Chinese girl would not have gone back to China to try and locate her parents, only to find that when they tried to get rid of her in 1983 due to China's one-child policy, they shoved needles into her head. The pins were embedded in her brains and one of them pressed against her addiction centre, turning her alcoholic. Ok, I shan't tell you more. Or House won't be as exciting. I just wonder if Singapore will allow the episode where Thirteen was kissing a girl at the start and another girl at the end.

Did I say to much? I have nothing more to say to you... But all you have to do is to know that every word is true.

Did I hear someone ask me what are the advantages of my new year resolution?

No comments: