Thursday, January 22, 2009

General Election 2009?

I seem to see signs pointing to a General Election in 2009.

We have got MPs who are dead or gravely injured. But this is not the main purpose to call elections.

The government will need a mandate to push forward their fiscal policies to steer Singapore through its worst and likely most protracted recession since Independence. This means Singaporeans should be led by a team of ministars, I mean ministers, who have the people's mandate to push forward the recovery package.

Let's see if my predictions are correct this time. When? Some time mid September.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think not till Q4 2010. The GST credits being handed out is so meagre that is unlikely to sway voters on the ground. On top of that, the cost of living is set to remain sky high and not come down due to the insistence of the govt maintaining the GST.

Anonymous said...

furthermore reports pointed out that SG will have political stability as SG will not hold a GE till after YOG2010, as seen in the submission for YOG2010