Just so you are aware, they managed to do what Josie Lau and gang failed. A group of three Singapore women became the first women from Singapore to reach Everest's summit. Poor Josie and co were unceremoniously yanked off the queer, crooked, treacherous slopes of Mount Awarest while Thio Su Mien added more wind, ice and nothing nice to the slopes.
Looking at their success, it seems like the women have had better luck than the men. The first detachment reached the top in what looked like glorious weather. And the news-woman last night was still saying that they were "somewhat disappointed that the view was not as good as they had expected." Eh, at 8 848m, what were you expecting? Prada shops or a spa?
Oh, but I got ahead of myself - there is indeed an ice spa up there. You fall off the cliffs and then you get frozen in the permafrost up there. You will be an exhibit up the Mount Everest Museum of Eternity as long as the ice doesn't melt.
So exciting, right? Now the second detachment will be making the attempt tomorrow. Let's wish them the best. Maybe some people should go climb Everest too. Then she can come back and say, "I am an Everest mentor. I have reached Everest's summit; what is AWARE?"
Ok, time to shut up and sit down, relack one corner...
5 comments:
oh. i would love to see that parody enacted out. HTF moment!
OKE,
You need to nominate the cast for this parody.
Sheena can be the one who shouts "Shut up and sit down." I think she has done it to YZH before.
More nominations pse...
Once you have been AWARE, you cant shut up and sit down. =D
I think LYW fits the role of Everest mentor perfectly.
We have a decent act coming up...
I can imagine Pillay running in and asking, "Why am I not informed of the change of venue?"
Wait! I bet KCW would be in the running against Pillai for the role. Cat fight... Woohoo.
Post a Comment