While watching American Idol last night, I could not help but wonder if Adam Lambert was really going to win it. I'd be terribly disappointed if he did. Yeah, he was the consummate show man but he would have made it big in Broadway or the West End, with or without Idol.
And it as he was belting out yet another song, with his fat tongue covering most of his face, I realised who he resembled. I finally put my finger on the artiste. Filipino musico-drama-mama Lea Salonga! Adam Lambert is the male version of Lea Salonga. If you don't believe me, just you wait. When one day Lambert cross dresses and takes on the role of Kim in Miss Saigon, tell me if you know the difference.
Of course, when Danny Gokey was kicked out last week, I was pretty disappointed. But as the news folks predicted, the votes swung to Chris Allen. And rightly so. I also agree with the folks on why Simon hadn't been as harsh on drama-tics this time around. I always thought he was not so much into showmanship and over-the-top antics but he seemed really tolerant of Adam Lambert this time around. I wonder why.
And, oh yeah. Did you realise new lines on Ryan Seacrest's face? Man, that guy aged, didn't he? Was it so darn long already?
No comments:
Post a Comment