Meeting The Assistant Food & Beverage Manager
The night before, the AFBM asked to meet us the next morning.
This morning when we checked out, no one at the check out counter knew that he wanted to meet us.
My friend asked. I would not have bothered. I'd written to the CEO of the pathetic Novotel/Accor Group of Hotels and given him my story.
If we are important enough guests, the AFBM would have logged in that when we are checking out, we should be asked to wait for him while they try and locate him.
In fact, the AFBM should have tried to contact us and asked for a meeting, instead of us asking to meet him.
To cut the long story short, I'll give you some of the wonderful exchanges with him:
AFBM: I've checked the (Sobasei) kitchen last night. It was unacceptable. I have asked the executive chef to do a complete check and give me a report. I'll get back to you.
Us: (Big deal. If it was unacceptable, then ain't it time for some active action to be taken? A report? For what? Can eat is it?) *No response*.
* * *
AFBM: To me, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. That (the dour faced waitress' poor reaction) was unacceptable. Oh, I don't mean you are unacceptabl..., I mean your complaint was unaccep... I mean, the waitress was unacceptable. I would be very angry and disappointed...
US: (So? Suck your toe, chicken potato, mosquito love your toe...) *NR*
ME: We need not feel this way because it is not as though we are making things difficult. Your hotel is not even full.
AFBM: Yah, we only have about... well, the place can seat 150 and it'll never be full and I just came by 8 am.
ME: Yup, we saw you. And honestly, it's not as though I have not seen better hotels. Even Swiss Garden in Kuantan, being old and dilapidated, has better service and is more professional.
AFBM: *Bang balls*
* * *
AFBM: We will look into the report and report to you.
ME: By the way, Accor and Novotel has never failed to disappoint me - Amsterdam, Bangkok, and others. And now you.
AFBM: I'm sure this is not the first time here.
HIM: Yes, first time.
ME: Yes, he took like what, 3 years?
HIM: No, 2 years.
ME: Ok, 2 years to convince me to come here. And for what? Come here and suffer fools? By the way, your room is very dirty you know?
AFBM: Oh, the rooms also? The rooms are released when housekeeping and rooms are assured that they are good to go. I don't know about how they work...
ME: *Try harder, dude!*
* * *
AFBM: I'm sure you would give us a chance and would you come back here again?
ME: (Oh, no!) Only if you invite me.
AFBM: The next time you visit, you can let me know before hand and I'll take good care of you. I mean, I'll also take good care of the rest of the guests...
ME: *Touche!*
* * *
AFBM: Looks like your entire stay here was a very bad experience.
ME: Of course. It's even worse when it's only one night. (Fortunately, it's only one night!)
AFBM: I understand. This is really not the way things should be.
ME: (You mean it could be WORSE?) *NR*
* * *
AFBM: Are you leaving soon?
ME: (Why else do I check out before meeting you?) Yes.
HIM: We're meeting someone. (Weak lie)
AFBM: You won't eat lunch here?
ME: (What? You serving lizards and mosquitoes this time?) No. We're going back to meet someone.
AFBM: What about sandwiches? I have some sandwiches.
ME: (Since when did you have them? Penicillin?) No thanks.
AFBM: (Shakes head dejectedly)
* * *
AFBM: Mr Tan, thank you. Mr ***, thank you. I'll send you the report.
ME: (You readers are in luck!) Ok.
No comments:
Post a Comment